The Top 3 Pros and Cons of BELLA PIAZZA CONDOMINIUMS, ORLANDO, FLORIDA, USA
THE TOP 3 PROS:
- The Accommodation: Bella Piazza Condominiums are 2, 3 and 4 Bedroom offering absolutely ideal ‘home-away-from-home’ holiday accommodation. They are perfect for a small family unit and provide visitors with spacious, nicely planned units which have modern furnishings and decoration with open plan living and dining, fully equipped kitchens with granite surfaces, ceiling fans, wi-fi, TV in each bedroom, utility cupboards, master bedrooms with en-suite bathroom with bath tub and separate shower and each 2 and 3 Bed Condo having a bathroom for each bedroom. Each unit has either a generously sized patio or balcony with seating provided. TIP: A limited number of poolside units are available for holiday rental and it might be worthwhile trying to find one for your visit. The Condo buildings are 3 Storey with elevators. The combination of the excellent family accommodation, the local facilities being so close and the attractive on-site amenities make Bella Piazza one of the best choices of places to stay for an Orlando holiday base. The drive to and from the Disney area is about 20 minutes each way and there are numerous ‘stopping places’ along the way along Highway 27 and 192.
- The On-Site Amenities: There is a Clubhouse with a lounge, well equipped fitness facility, library, games room and computers with complimentary wi-fi. The swimming pool areas are attractively and spaciously laid out in such a way as to create a relaxing and tropical ambience with the two resort style pools (heated seasonally) offering extensive sun-decking with plenty of sun-loungers and casual seating with tables and chairs – including a covered area, jacuzzi spa and a separate children’s gated water playground. In addition there are two outdoor kitchen areas and BBQ grills. The recreation areas sit amid the condominium buildings and overall can be highly commended.
- The local facilities nearby: Bella Piazza has the handy convenience of the units being within an easy walking distance (4-5 minutes) of numerous local facilities which consist of a few restaurants including Applebees, several small cafes, a Fish and Chip shop, Ice Cream Shop, Pizza place; Publix Supermarket, bank, pharmacy, liquor store, gas station and a very traditional Irish pub. Pretty much everything anyone could want is there for you. There is also an excellent golf course nearby at Highlands Reserve and within a 5 minute drive north is a large Walmart supermarket.
THE TOP 3 CONS:
- Driving to and from Kissimmee and Orlando: Whilst the location is a good one, as stated above, it is not in the central area of the Orlando area and you may find driving to and fro repetitive and something you don’t want to do. The Disney area is around 20 minutes each way and getting to the International Drive area probably 25/30 minutes and the North I-Drive area including Universal Resort more likely to be 35 minutes. You have to decide this is too much – it entirely depends on how many days you plan to go the Parks and which ones. However, it is quite feasible to stay at Bella Piazza as a base and visit the Orlando Theme Parks – there are benefits of returning ‘home’ to a quiet area away from the hustle and bustle and at times over-crowding in Orlando. NB: This is not a gated community.
- Noise: The walls in the units are slightly on the thin side so noise from other nearby units can be annoying, but this is a common problem with most Orlando condo style accommodation. Also if you are in a unit nearer to Highway 27 then the constant traffic hum can be another irritation. The ground floor units have the A/C units within close proximity which could be a source of annoyance. All the more reason to look for a rental unit in one of the buildings near to the resort facilities, on an upper floor and an end unit if you can find one.
- Special Requests: If you reserve a ‘generic’ unit (one that is allocated on arrival) through either a Tour Operator as part of a travel package or Agent and ‘requesting’ a preferred type of unit and then ‘expecting’ to get it – chances are you won’t and you will be disappointed. The preferred units are usually booked by those customers booking specific units so are unlikely to be available.
Bella Piazza is a well-maintained condominium community with excellent self-catering accommodation, on-site leisure amenities and nearby local facilities – and within a reasonable driving distance of the Orlando attractions. It can be highly recommended as offering very suitable family accommodation at a ‘homely’ resort. NB: It is not suitable to anyone without a rental vehicle, which is a ‘must have’.